Marketplace & Deli
Work in the fast-paced environment at V. Sattui Marketplace and Deli!
You’ll work directly with Guests offering an elevated customer service experience.
Responsibilities include taking orders at deli counter, operating a point-of-sale system (POS register), cash handling, fulfilling orders, food preparation general cleaning, stocking items, keeping inventory stocked. Employees also interact with Guests every day by sharing information, answering questions and providing excellent Guest service.
This position requires constant interaction with guests – including educating guests on our food offerings, wine and cheese pairings, providing directions, event information, company history and other services to help elevate the guest experience.
Daily Duties & Requirements:
• Responsible for welcoming and interacting with all Guests
• Making food recommendations.
• Taking orders and ensuring accuracy by repeating the order back to the guest.
• Suggested selling as appropriate to interaction
• Cash handling and POS operation.
• Knowledge and understanding of safety and sanitation guidelines including temperature requirements and food handling.
• Food handler’s permit required. We will provide training if employee does not have a current food handlers permit
• Good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
• Responsible for maintaining work area including restocking and cleaning
• Ensures that food presentation is fresh and up to quality standards
• Replenishes food and other serving items as necessary
• Ensures freezers and refrigerators are maintained at the appropriate temperature
• May require equipment operation, including working near equipment that generates heat
• Must work weekends and holidays.
• Able to effectively work as part of a team, a team player
• Should have cash handling capabilities and be able to count back proper change
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to multitask and work in a very fast paced environment
• Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required
• ability to work well under pressure
• Enthusiastic about interacting and helping guests
• Willing to follow instructions & take direction
• Can complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Willing to work outdoors even in inclement weather
• Perform all job related functions in a cordial friendly manner, committed to exceeding Guests’ expectations
• Previous cashier experience.
• Previous deli, fast food or restaurant experience
• Previous experience in a fast paced customer service environment
We have Part Time and Full Time seasonal positions available. Positions require full availability for any shift, weekend and holidays required.
• Competitive Salary + Bonus Structure
• Paid Vacation (full-time only)
• Health Insurance including Dental, Vision (full-time only)
• Profit Sharing – 401K (full-time only)
• Discounts on Employee Purchases
• A Fun and Lively Atmosphere
Please send cover letter and resumes to: email@example.com